Save the date for the 56th Joint Annual Meeting of the Arizona-New Mexico Chapter of the American Fisheries Society and the Arizona and New Mexico Chapters of The Wildlife Society. The meeting will be held February 2-4, 2023 in person at the Courtyard Marriott in Farmington, New Mexico.
JAM 2023 Schedule at a Glance
Tentative schedule (updated as available)JAM-2023-Schedule-at-a-Glance
Registration is now LIVE for the 2023 Joint Annual Meeting! See the link below.
For our members who require it, please note the instructions for paying with a Purchase Order.
*For those who experience problems loading the Whova registration page, please ensure adblockers are disabled or try a different browser.*
Students, please be on the lookout for news regarding volunteer positions! Volunteering can help reduce meeting costs.
Please don’t delay in registering.
Early bird registration ends January 3rd!
Call for Papers
No time to waste! We are now accepting abstracts, FINAL CALL to be submitted by January 20th, 2023.
We are now accepting abstracts, FIRST CALL to be submitted by December 23rd, 2022.
Recognize a coworker/employee by nominating them for an award at JAM this year! Recognizing a deserving coworker/employee helps them feel valued, improves motivation and increases retention!!! Email award nominations to Matt Rinker at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16th, 2023.
AZ/NM AFS has 5 awards (criteria linked):
- Recognition for career achievements and dedication to fisheries/aquatic resources.
- Recognition for involvement/accomplishments by an individual or group NOT employed in fisheries/aquatic resources.
- Recognition of an individual employed in conservation of fisheries/aquatic resources for making a significant impact.
- In memory of Kelly Meyer, this award recognizes an individual employed in sportfish management for making a significant impact.
- Recognition when things go awry in the field. For fun, laughs, glory and grins.
Check back here regularly! Updates will be made as more details for the coming JAM are available.
For more information email us at