JAM 2018 Call for abstracts and Early Registration
Fellow AZ/NM AFS Chapter members,
I have several important announcements pertaining to the upcoming meeting in Flagstaff:
- Early Registration for the meeting ends November 30. Register here: https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=2066088.
- First Call for Papers deadline is November 16 (click here for guidelines: 2018 JAM Call for Papers). Send abstracts to Ryan Follmuth (email@example.com). Please indicate if you’re a student interested in the best presentation/poster awards.
- Professional Award nominations deadline is January 19 (See attached). There are several awards for biologists, students, and non-agency partners. Recognize your colleagues for the great work that they do! Submit nominations to James Dominguez (James.Dominguez@state.nm.us).
- Student applications deadline for the Miles McGinnis Scholarship is January 19 (see attached). There are two $1000 cash scholarships for deserving graduate and undergraduate students. This year we are challenging all student subunits to encourage student members to apply. Submit applications to Julie Carter (JCarter@azgfd.gov).
- Piscicide workshop at JAM. We’re flying in a special guest speaker to talk about pesticide risk communication this year. Other speakers will cover various topics concerning piscicide project planning and implementation. Cost is $35 and can be added during meeting registration.
- Spawning Run 5K is back. You’ll need to start a new registration if you want to pay separately from your meeting registration. Spawning Run water bottle included for all participants!
- Become an AZ/NM AFS Officer! Our chapter needs a Secretary/Treasurer (2 year commitment) and President-Elect (3 year commitment). This is a great opportunity to serve your chapter and improve yourself as a fisheries professional. If you’re interested or have questions please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Join us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on Chapter news and to connect with Chapter members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArizonaNewMexicoChapterAFS/.
Thank you for all that you do for our Chapter and the aquatic resources of Arizona and New Mexico. I look forward to seeing you all in Flagstaff!
President, AZ/NM Chapter AFS